Holy deliciousness. I had this for lunch every single day last week. It is so delicious! I adapted the recipe from here , but tweaked it a bit to my liking.
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup dry israeli couscous (I bought wheat)
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
** For the dressing, I prefer either fresh squeezed lemon juice or balsamic vinegar and olive oil. The original recipe calls for an orange vinaigrette. Totally up to you!
- Cook the Israeli couscous according to package instructions.
- Put the diced squash and olive oil in a bowl and mix.
- Cook the squash. Because I do not have an oven, I put them in my crockpot on high for 2 hours. You can also put them in the preheated oven at 425 degrees for 25 – 30 mins (turning half way through).
- Cook spinach in a sauce pan until wilted, then chop.
- In a large bowl add couscous, spinach, butternut squash, cranberries, walnuts, and goat cheese.
- Add whatever dressing you prefer 🙂